Friday 4 December 2009

Fabulous Friday... The Interview ~ Fairly Girly

Today we are talking to Lorraine from Fairly Girly. Huge apologies to Lorraine ~ I am soooo not organised this morning and this came up without pictures first. Just fixed it so you can see a few of her beautiful creations...



How did you get started in your particular craft and how long have you been doing it?

About two years ago I changed my job at the College slightly to job share with a colleague. Then I saw a jewellery making course advertised on one of my days off and thought I would like to have a go at that. I had sort of given up on my other hobbies when I had my son and thought it was time I did something for me! My friends encouraged me to take it a step further and start to sell what I make and Fairly Girly was born about a year ago.


Are there any negative aspects to doing your craft and if there are how do you work around them?

The only negative for me would be lack of time - as a busy working mum there is never enough hours in a day and we would all like to spend more time crafting.


What tips would you give to anyone thinking of starting your craft?

Just to have fun and be as creative as you like, it really doesn't have to be that expensive to begin with. A basic tool set, some findings, threads and beads will get you started to see if you like it. You will soon find that you have a mountain a beads!


How did you find Misi?

I found Misi through a craft forum and took a look and thought it was worth listing a few items. I think we have all found that it is a very friendly site and has a great sense of community where we all help each other.


What is your favourite item in your own Misi shop?

I think it has to be the sterling silver aqua hearts bracelet the links of hearts make this very eyecatching.


What is your favourite shop on Misi (besides your own)?

There are so many wonderful shops on Misi it is hard to chose one.......but if I had to pick I will say Carolyn's Creations as she made me two custom orders for a birthday and 50th anniversary, and they were delighted with their gifts.



Random Facts about you:

What is your favourite way to travel?

I mostly walk to work dropping my son off on route......that sounds really good doesn't it! I suppose my favourite way would be by plane because that would mean we are going on holiday :-)


What is your favourite chocolate?

I love white chocolate and as a child remember loving a pink, pink panther bar as a treat......showing my age here I feel.


What is your favourite time of day?

Has to be mid evening, all the jobs done and sitting down to relax.


What is your favourite place that you have lived?

I have only ever lived in two places, St Austell in Cornwall where my family still lives and Bideford in Devon where I now live. I think I am lucky to have only lived in the South West, being spoilt having beaches, moors and countryside right on the doorstep.


What is your all-time favourite movie?

This is a tricky one for me as don't get much time to watch movies and the ones we have recently are childrens ones.......the most recent being James and the Giant Peach. My son had to go to school as a Roald Dahl character recently and this is what he chose.


What actor/actress would you NOT kick out of bed?

Another tricky one.....Johnny Depp.





Thank you for allowing us to chat to you Lorraine. Lorraine's shop on Misi is Fairly Girly, go and visit now.


Helen
xxx

2 comments: