Friday 28 May 2010

Fabulous Friday... The Interview ~ Lej Jewellery

This week's crafter is Jo from Lej Jewellery...




How did you get started in your particular craft and how long have you been doing it?


I started jewellery making not long after my daughter was born nearly 3 years ago. I had done other crafts like cross stitch and card making and felt like a change so i decided to give it a go.


Are there any negative aspects to doing your craft and if there are how do you work around them?

The only negative aspect is having to wait until my children are in bed before i can start to craft. I used to be able to craft in the day when my daughter had her naps but she no longer has afternoon naps so i have to wait till shes in bed. She is at the age now where she is starting to ask if we can go and make bracelets so i put a stopper bead on some tigertail and give her a box of beads and shes quite happy to sit for half an hour or so. My son isn't really interested and i don't think i could get him to be without beads in the shape of spongebob.


What tips would you give to anyone thinking of starting your craft?


To have fun and enjoy playing with all the differnt techniques but to be careful as it can be very very addictive.

How did you find Misi?


I was emailed by Emma when the site had just opened. It took about a month before i decided to set up my shop but i haven't looked back.


What is your favourite item in your own Misi shop?


My favourite item is this necklace http://www.misi.co.uk/gifts/25896/fall_lampwork_necklace.html. I bought the lampwork beads but they weren't what i was expecting and i wasn't quite sure what to do with them so 6 months later i thought i'd use them and made this necklace. I love the colours.

What is your favourite shop on Misi (besides your own)?


One of my favourite shops (because i have loads) is http://www.misi.co.uk/handmade/Joannalondon.html. I love the teapots also the cups and saucers, i'd love the have a big dresser in my kitchen filled with them all. Kind of reminds me of being at grandmas house.




Random Facts about you:

What is your favourite season and why?


Autumn, i love all the colours when the trees start to change and the cold wind which makes you want to wrap up all snug or curl up on the sofa with a hot cup of tea and thick socks.

What is your favourite food?


My favourite food is sausages with mash and beans, i could eat it everyday. I also have a thing for red onion chutney at the minute and put it on everything.

What is your favourite type of music/singer?

My favourite type of music is something with a guitar in it. My favourite cd at the minute is Ida Maria but i'm a big fan of red hot chili peppers and stereophonic.

How many DVDs do you have?


Not a lot, we used to have loads but they were never watched so i listed them on ebay. The kids have tonnes we have kept most of my sons for my daughter to watch.

What actor/actress would you NOT kick out of bed?

Josh Hartnett mmmm, or Simon Baker. Can i have two? yes why not :0)





Thank you Jo. Visit Jo's lovely shop, Lej Jewellery, on Misi.


Helen
xxx

1 comment: