Friday 9 October 2009

Fabulous Friday... The Interview ~ The Crystal Lady

Please welcome Anna ~ The Crystal Lady who makes beautiful creations with healing crystals too.



How did you get started in your particular craft and how long have you been doing it?
Before I became pregnant with my youngest son I worked as a Pearl and Beadery Stringer. The work was fun, I loved opening all of the various boxes that arrived every morning from jewellers around the country. There was far too much pearl knotting for my liking though, very tough on the fingers. After I began my maternity leave I started looking around for something to do so that I could stay at home after he was born to look after him and his brother. I originally started making just Swarovski Crystal Jewellery as I love sparkly things. A few months later my mother asked me to make her a special necklace and chose various gemstones to put into it. Purely by accident I discovered that the stones were all supposed to have healing properties. This was fascinating and the necklace when it was finished was beautiful. Following this, I took a home study course in Crystal Healing and taught myself how to build websites. Now, here I am with two websites, a social network and various other online stores. Helping people with my jewellery is always the best bit though.

Are there any negative aspects to doing your craft and if there are how do you work around them?
I find it difficult to actually create my jewellery during the day while my son is still small but other than that even niggly things are a pleasure when it comes to my business.
What tips would you give to anyone thinking of starting your craft?
Try and stay organised. It involves lots of small bits and pieces and you will work faster if you know where they all are!

How did you find Misi?
I met my good friend Tasha (Madam Salami) on Twitter and she pointed me in the direction of Misi.

What is your favourite item in your own Misi shop?
I love my chunky carnelian Bracelet. I’m making a necklace in the same style in Tanzanite for my mum.

What is your favourite shop on Misi (besides your own)?
That’s tough, they are all great. I have to say that I have spent a lot of time on the shop of Jezebel Charms. I love her jewellery.




Random Facts about you:

What is your favourite way to travel?
Walking on a beautiful spring day.

What is your favourite chocolate?
Cadburys Whole Nut (The bigger the better!)

What is your favourite colour?
Blood Red

What is your favourite place that you have lived?
I used to live in a big house by the sea. I still miss it.

What is your all-time favourite movie?
Still Crazy. The acting is fantastic and so is the music.

What actor/actress would you NOT kick out of bed?
Johnny Depp

How many DVDs do you have?
Far too many to count. lol



Thank you for sharing with us Anna. Stop by The Crystal Lady and I'm sure you'll find that Anna has the perfect item for you.


Helen
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful interview Anna - so lovely to find out more about the people we chat to x

    ReplyDelete
  2. really interesting - I love finding out more about everyone & what interests/inspires them, Kx

    ReplyDelete