A delicious Apricot Jam Recipe made with fresh apricots to bring summer sunshine to the table year-round.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 00 minutes
- 2¼lbs/1 kilo fresh apricots, halved and stoned - keep the stones
- 2¼/1 kilo sugar
- 1 pint/ 500ml water
- Cut the apricots in half and remove the stone.
- Break a number of the stones, remove the almond, wash, dry, and keep to one side. You will need roughly 8 for each pound/450g of jam.
- Place the sugar in a jam pan with the water and heat slowly to a gentle boil.
- Drop the fruit into the syrup, bring to a fast boil then immediately remove the fruit and keep to one side.
- Boil the syrup a second time as in stage 2.
- Replace the fruit into the syrup and bring back to the boil. Cook for 15 mins.
- Remove the fruit again, this time place into clean, warm jam jars. Add 2 almonds to each jar; the almonds add extra flavor to the jam.
- Boil the syrup a third time then pour over the apricots in the jars. Cover with a tight fitting lid and allow to cool. The jam can be stored unopened for several months in a cool place. Once opened store in the refrigerator.