YouTube has the ability to display closed captions and use those captions to translate into many different languages. This article explains how to upload an prepared caption file to YouTube.
- Log into your YouTube account.
- Go to the My Videos page and scroll down to the video you want to add captions to.
3. Look at the bottom of that section. You'll find a set of buttons (Play, Edit, Annotations, Captions, etc.) that are used to make changes to your video.
4. Click the "Captions" button.
5. Search for the "Available Caption Tracks" section. Click on the "Add New Captions and Transcript".
6. Browse for the file you downloaded. Select "caption file" as the file type, Make sure the language is in English, and click the "Upload file" button.
Now you'll see that there's English as an available track. Play the video to the left to see your captions in action.