Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Wooden Toys for Kids


Every day I seem to come across another won­der­ful hand­made toy, and I swear that it’s love at first sight. My secret pin­boards are fill­ing up fast, my wish­lists are get­ting longer, and I just keep on find­ing more and more. As you can tell, I’m pas­sion­ate about children’s design. I think it’s time to share the love. I hope you’ll enjoy this small selec­tion of unusual wooden toy finds. I, for one, am head over heels!

Wood Mood Blocks

If you love archi­tec­ture, inte­rior design, and sim­ple, orig­i­nal DIYs for babies and kids, you need to fol­low La Mai­son de Loulou. Marie­Laure’s blog is full of fresh ideas, always beau­ti­fully pre­sented in French and Eng­lish. This lat­est wooden toy pro­to­type looks gorgeous!

Spinifex Clus­ter Blocks by Sebas­t­ian Kalies

Dis­cov­ered via the Ger­man children’s design por­tal afilii, this mini set of 34 inter­lock­ing wooden blocks caught my architecture­loving son’s eye recently. Sim­ple and sturdy, this con­ struc­tion kit can be used to build toys, sculp­tures, or fur­ni­ture. I wouldn’t mind a set for my office too!

Hand­made Wooden Toys

Israeli designer David Budzik hand­crafts every sin­gle one of his wooden toys with love. Each piece is unique and cer­tainly very orig­i­nal. Why not start a quirky col­lec­tion for a kid’s space; they’re fun.

1 comment: