Are you still unsure whether to start a craft blog! You won't be after you read this!
- Promote your shop for free!
- Focus your ideas - write it down for everyone to see, this really makes you think hard about each descision.
- Motivation - having people eager to see what you do next helps you get on with it!
- Display more detailed information, images and background for your craft work than can be displayed in an online 'market place'.
- Become part of a 'crafting community' - make some like minded online friends through commenting on and following each others blog posts.
- Feedback - recieving feedback from fellow crafters or potential customers can be enormously rewarding.
- Increase your confidence by writing about yourself and your crafts. The confidence you gain through blogging could be really useful in other 'real-life' situations like craft fairs.
- A blog is much easier to promote than the static pages of a website as the content is dynamic and can be designed to attract a target market.
- Sharing your crafting skills with others through tutorials and tips can be a great way of raising your profile in the crafting community and bringing traffic to your website.
- Writing a craft blog is great fun, you will make new friends from all over the world and it will increase your computer literacy too!
image source: southernhospitalityblog.com