Christmas is a time of giving and sharing; it is by far our most favourite time of the year. There is so much that we love about this holiday. This Christmas, we have decided to share a list of things that we enjoy the most of this merry season.
1. Listening to Christmas carols. The joy of listening to Christmas carols with a cup a cocoa is one that is matched by very few other things in life. Snuggling in a blanket with family and friends, and humming these tunes can cheer one up immensely. It encourages a feeling of closeness, and leads one to feelings of joy no matter how bad things in life may be.
2. Fairy lights and pretty decorations. New lights and fresh decorations mixed with old ones give a feeling of warmth and happiness. When these are up, everyone knows that Christmas is near, and this is enough to brighten even the most gloomiest of moods. Decorating a tree is a pleasure worth experiencing in life. This joy is compounded when you know there is a gift waiting for you under the tree.
3. Buying gifts for your loved ones. If anyone tries to convince you that ‘retail therapy’ does not work ,they are dead wrong – well, at least at Christmas time. Shopping for friends and family in this season, is extremely exciting. What is even more exhilarating is trying to keep their presents a secret from them.
4. Family get-togethers. This is the time when all your favourite and not so favourite chachas, mamas, nephew, nieces, and cousins gather at your place for a big feast. With all the traditional dishes and sweets, the house full of festivities, and we feel like one big happy family. Yes, there is the occasional family drama, but hey, that’s what Christmas is all about.
5. Keeping a secret stash of holiday sweets. Okay, it is time to come clean! Keeping a secret stash of all the traditional sweets made at home before Christmas time is one of the joys of the holiday season. Trust me, sneaking some of these while your mother maintains a fierce guard over them, is no mean feat. Maybe this is why pre-holiday treats taste much better than they do on Christmas day.
Have a Merry Christmas!